Tuesday 20 April 2010

The Daily Grind.....

So I was thinking this morning of how long it actually takes me to get ready... With my new job in Central London this means I need to Leave my beloved Marilyn Bitch (My VW Beetle) at home and jump on the train so I need to re asses my situation how what time I actually get out of bed... gone are the days of me rolling out of bed when ever I felt like it when I was back at uni, and slowly I am loosing the days where I can leave my house at 9.00am and get into River Island HQ at 9.30am... I think I am finally hitting real-life commuter time with a BANG!!!

As my new job requires me to be looking bang on trend, sharp and sophis (Sophisticated is not a look that I pull off very well) more then I normally have to I need to think fast I am going to miss the days where I do the messy unbrushed look which I have supported since my early uni days, instead I have traded that look in for a sleek red crop which I am loving at the moment! No doubt soon enough my old ways will return and I will grow my hair back out to its crazy uncontrollable (Mrs Twit hair as Peter likes to call it) ways, but until then I need to work out how early I am going to get out of bed in the morning.. and what sort of effect is this going to have on my eyebags.. THEN I need to work out my plastic surgeons bill to deal with my eye bags!!! LOL

If only we could all roll out of bed looking like a plastic fantastic Heidi Montag, fully kitted out with neatly brushed hair, blindingly white Hollywood veneers legs and boobs to die for....



Unfortunately for most of us we don't...nor do we have Hollywood or even London's best styling,make-up and hair teams on hand to whip us into shape and out the door looking gorgeous, If only! Instead most of us wake up looking like this.......



Too no fault of our own.. we cant lie in bed stiff as a board so not to mess our hair up can we..?? Or should we??? NO is the answer!!! Okay I work in fashion and yes I would get very judged if I walked into the office without a full face of make-up and then I would probably get booed out of London and have to live somewhere like Mongolia as I would be to embarrassed to show my un MAC'd face in public again!

So I have tried to devise a quick routine for me first thing in the morning so I looked fresh faced and glowing with a full face of make up that hasn't cost me the earth... BUT I am a firm believer of spending a LIL bit more on your make-up as you have to wear this shizzle on your face everyday for roughly 365 days a year (well you defo do if you are me) and there is nothing worse then ill matching foundations and power!!! I am a firm believer that a good powder is the way forward for future happiness for Woman Kind!

I thought I would give you a break down of my daily routine and what I use first thing in the morning to get me looking a reasonable state to leave the house....

FACE WASH £2.00:

This Simple product is 100% perfume & colour free and cares for the needs of your sensitive skin. Simple Facial Wash Gel rinses away make-up & dirt without drying and is 100% soap-free. With added moisturisers including Pro-Vitamin B5, it leaves your skin feeling smooth & fresh.



Next I need to moisturize my skin and I have used the same moisturizer for years and years which my Mum gave to me and my Brother as a child and I swear by this product!

Moisturizer £7.49:

"Astral is full of delicately balanced and nourishing ingredients which make it a perfect all-over moisturiser. It can be used everyday to keep your skin soft and supple, and can tackle even the driest skin on your elbows and feet. Versatile Astral can also be used as an after sun lotion and make-up remover"



Next is where the real work starts applying the MAC or should I say pasting the MAC on!!! I swear by MAC and I have done ever since Peter frog marched me into the shop in Westfeilds and practically ordered me to have a make over and I cant thank that Second Rate Diva enough he showed me the light and what I was missing! The thing I love about MAC is the Flawless coverage that it gives you here are the products that I use everyday....

MAC Primer with SPF 50 £20
MAC Says "A skin-protecting cream with SPF 50. Applies under makeup to prime the skin for the sun. Featherweight, fast-absorbing, oil-free, invisible. Will not affect the look, texture or long-wear integrity of your makeup. Specially formulated with oil-absorbing powder, helps prevent oil breakthrough. Provides high-level broad spectrum sun protection. Worn daily helps guard the skin against discolouration, premature aging, dryness and other effects of sun exposure. Suitable for all skins."



MAC Studio Sculpt SPF15 £22.50
MAC Says "A creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish. Hydrating, instantly revitalizes the skin while keeping it looking smooth, soft and plush. Long-wearing, water-resistant."



MAC Select Cover up £12.50
MAC Says "Liquid camouflage for the skin. Texture-free, virtually invisible. Comes in a tube. Blends in. Brightens and lightens dark areas, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Use pre-foundation, or on its own. 11 shades. Don't reveal it, conceal it!"



MAC Select Sheer Pressed powder £17.00
MAC Says "Micro-fine, sheer and silky. Pressed for portability. Goes on lightly. Won't shift your shade or leave its mark. Lets skin's natural vitality and freshness glow through. Comes with its own suede-finish sponge. Blurs lines. Makes skin look flawless."



MAC Powder Blush (Pinch me) £16.50
MAC Says "Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas. Different looks"



I then end with doing my eyes in either a classic Marilyn Monroe chic flick OR If I am in the moody a naughty smokey eye comes out!!!

I finish of my morning routine by drying my hair using the following Aussie products that I spritz on my hair to keep in healthy and shiny and in good condition.. I also swear by these products as they have kept my hair in great condition over the years when my barnet has taken a number of batterings by hairdryers, straightners, bleach and peroxide! and they are very good value for money and in Superdrug at the moment they are on offer 2 for £6 BARGAIN



So I think I am trying to cut my 'Prep' time as I like to call my morning routine down to 45 mins!! I hope I can do it!! Fingers crossed

Love Alice xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment