Wednesday 28 April 2010

Born Free


I've been an M.I.A fan for a few years now, and literally haven't heard anything new for about 3 years now, so it was very exciting to hear and see M.I.A's new disturbing video for "Born Free" - I was really very shocked watching the video, especially the ending with the massacre in a music video, even more violent than most of the trashy horror movies that claim to be the "scariest thing this year blahblahblah"

So anyway, I don't really understand what the song is about yet, I kind of get it, basically just saying we're "Born free" and just live out each moment on the front, but no doubt there's much deeper meaning to it... and the video is about racism of minorities, not just black people or Asian people, but all races, and the oppressed minorities.

M.I.A always has something to say through the medium of music, and I will always listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment