Monday 3 May 2010

Bought

Ever since this Viktor and Rolf collection back in 2008, I have been waiting patiently for Hawaiian shirts to crank themselves onto the scene.
Now I know they didn't have a whole collection crammed full with floral shirts to set the high street ablaze, but I thoughts there would be something... Sure I bought a black Hawaiian shirt from ASOS and a Matthew Williamson for H&M shirt to keep me going, but this wasnt enough. I also love the scarf with Lei print, an easier option to keep them flowers fresh throughout summer, eh?
(Above) Matthew Williamson for H&M floral shirt.

I've always been totally obsessed with the 50's Americana holiday, high waisted khaki shorts / chinos, Hawaiian shirt, plimsoll wearing idea of summer, and now I can finally be happy, as I have now purchased several more Hawaiian print tops to keep me going:
The first two shirts from New Look were an absolute bargain. I have been waiting for ages for both of these to come into my local store so I could see them up-close, only seeing them in the New Look look book a couple of months ago, I got so fed up of waiting, I just ordered online and they are perfect. I couldn't be happier. Summer chic at it's best. The third shirt is actually from River Island staff shop, I couldn't believe my luck when I picked up this gem. And I will cherish it forever. I have jumped on this bandwagon fully, I am so happy that the Hawaiian shirt has become so accessible to those who love this kitsch idea as much as I do.

Other things I have bought include:


Now some of you may remember my need / want for a perfect Military / Safari - esque jacket many months ago, this has been an ongoing search for about 5 years now, and I have finally struck gold.
I stroll into GAP today and find the perfect jacket just waiting for me to buy it, and I can't wait to wear this as a light jacket over the summer months on days like today when my toes froze off!!

I also purchsed a few items from Staff Shop:
Love the shirt which I wear as an overshirt as it is massive on me, and the anchor print bag which will be great for fast getaways.
I am a sucker for jewels. The first bangle from Banana Republic is personal favourite. My family is obsessed with elephants thanks to my Brother, who has a strange obsession, and I had seen this bangle a couple of months ago in Banana Republic, and as I went in again today, I couldn't see it anymore and I actually got quite upset, I asked the sales assistant where it had gone, and thankfully she said they keep everything in the drawers and just rotate the jewels every week to keep things fresh. Clever idea, but it made me realize how much I loved the bangle so I bought it on the spot.
The other pieces are vintage-esque pieces from Topshop, Oxford Cicrus by GoGo Philip, it's all on sale at the moment and I couldn't resist.
I bought this shirt from H&M woman's section to wear with a black vest underneath. This is a brave move, but I've done crazier things, I feel so Chanel Chic whilst trying it on every other hour, so I have to wear this one ASAP!
And finally something I made, rather than bought (well, I bought the fabric from Ikea...)
Anyway, I love a V-Pillow, it gives me great support whilst I sleep and I haven't been without one since I was a nipper, of course not the same pillow, that would be disgusting, but anyway, I loved this fabric so much I had to make a cover for my v pillow with it and so I did.

et voilĂ 

No comments:

Post a Comment