Sunday 29 November 2009

Exclusivity...


Ok, I don't know what this picture is about, and it has no relation to my post here, I don't know their situation or whatever, but the picture works well from what I'm chatting about...

Anyway, I've been thinking about exclusivity in relationships and wondering what the boundaries were. What are your thoughts on exclusivity?
Here's a quick run through on what I mean; When you start talking / chatting / seeing somebody, how soon do you have to be exclusive to them in the early stages of the relationship?
For instance, would you stop all contact with other potential dates as soon as you go on the first date with somebody? Or would you carry on as if you are single (which you probably are still classed as after one date) and carry on talking / seeing other people? When can u truly say you have begun a relationship anyway? 3rd date?

Do you think it's right to keep your options open or would u stay faithful to one person? I know there are plenty of variables that can change your mind and make you want to stay exclusive...

I wouldn't jump straight into exclusivity unless I felt the spark on the first date, and then when I eventually felt that magic spark, I would instantly break off all other relationships. I don't believe that makes me a bad person.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment