Thursday 26 November 2009

Team British Vogue.....

Whilst my darling Petra is 100% team Parisian Vogue, I am staying loyal to British Vogue.. Alexandra Shulman you are a god.

December 2009 issue of Vogue is my favourite of the year so far, I have read it cover to cover twice, I can't stop flicking back through looking at the editorials over and over again! This cover is based on a Norman Parkinson fashion image from 1951.



What I love most about this December issue is they have looked back through 6 decades looking how fashion has changed and developed. Since I was about 13 I have convinced myself and attempted to convince my parents that I have been born in the wrong era... I am 100% sure I was destined to be born in the 50's and grow up and party throughout the 60's and 70's and count Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgewick as close friends.



Oh and also date and Marry Bob Dylon!



I believe that I would have played out my youth in the 60's and 70's taking my style and influence from women from the 40's and 50's. Marilyn, Jackie O etc I believe I do this now in the way I dress. As Marilyn Monroe is my number 1 icon.

Another aspect that makes this issue of Vogue my favourite of the year is the 'Glamour in Vogue' supplement that came free with the magazine.



'Glamour is hard to define and often elusive, but if you are glamourous and some people just are, you can be glamourous in jeans and sunglasses as easily as a full blown ballgown. Glamour is all about attitude individual style and crucially - a certain confidence rather then the highest heels, biggest hat and sparkliest jewels.'



British Glamour (My favourite) I can't get enough of Vivienne Westwood, Kate Moss, Mary Quant, and Luella Bartley



High Society - Think of the Royals or the Movie Green Gardens...



Another thing the magazine picked up on was the three things most vital in my life and things that looking back through the last 6 decades has been important to so many females... Big sunglasses, Make-up, and the classic LBD.

Jackie O stylie oversized sunglasses....



The classic Marilyn Monroe make up which I stick to for my day time make-up...
*Pale Skin
*Blushed cheeks
*Black eyeliner with a slight flick
*Red vampy lips.



And lastly the LBD (Little Black Dress for those of you who have been living on mars was the last 6 decades.) My wardrobe is splitting at the brim with LBD I cannot get enough of them. I love them they go with everything for any occasion, and my favourite colour happens to be black!



One of my favourite editorials in the issue was the 'Boy Wonders' shoot of Britains young hot actors, models. I feel that the shoot had a very 60's London feel to it.



The shoot including 'Gossip Girls' Ed Westwick aka Chuck looking TRES hot!

He has the Fred Perry quiff look going on which I love love love!!!



It also features the eternally beautiful Daisy Lowe in a faux fur leopard print coat leather skirt and shaggy fringe!



Love Alice (21 yr old trapped in the noughties)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment