Friday 27 November 2009

Uncle Karl


If there's one person I want to be when I grow up - It's the genius Karl Largerfeld.

I didn't realize he was my icon until a few weeks ago when my friend was looking through some trashy magazine, came across a picture of Karl Lagerfeld and shrieked with glee.

"mmhmmm, mmhmmm, mmhmmm" I heard her approving hums.

"Bob (my nickname - long story that you don't care about) - I see it now. It all makes sense, I see this picture of Karl Lagerfeld and now I know where you get your style from"

I wondered what the hell she was talking about, but when I took a peek at what she was so excited about, it hit me... She spelt it out to me: "The blazers, skinny jeans, leather boots, leather gloves, necklaces, monochrome, perfect hair, gothic chic, male entourage, bitch eyebrowns in check..."

It completed the puzzle in my mind. I had wondered where I had adopted such fabulous style from. Little did I know I had been emulating Karl all along.

I've always been a fan of Karl and his "bitchy" comments, I, however, don't think he is bitchy at all. He has an opinion, he's allowed to. He speaks the truth, and some bitches can't handle it.

Whenever I watch him talk, it's as if everything he is saying is scripted. Everything that comes from his lips is perfectly spoken, his wise words rattle through me.
And his art - The concepts behind his fashion - or rather what I perceive them to be just shut it down!
Who could forget those outrageously expensive plastic vacuum form bags?


Anyway, to conclude this initial post about Karl (this is just an introduction - there will be many more to come) I just want to thank him for being my inspiration, I dream of the day when I go to Paris, walk by him and watch as he looks me up and down with disgust all calls me a 'fat pig' ... swoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment